Wednesday 17 July 2013

Downtown Disney: Rainforest Cafe [2]




One of the many dinner reservations that my friend made was for the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. We had a friend flying down and she didn't have a ticket for that day so we hung out in Downtown Disney in the evening and they went shopping crazy. But first, as we were making our way back to the hotel to rest, and for me to turn in some homework, we took pictures of The Lone Ranger train outside the park.





Just the week before they had the world premiere for The Lone Ranger in Disney California Adventure at the Hypierion Theatre. I had a few friends that worked it and I was really jealous when I saw all their photos on Facebook of the premiere.





Then we met up with our friend, Grace, and headed to Downtown Disney for our reservations. It was only lightly crowded in Downtown Disney but it was still early in the evening; regardless, the Rainforest Cafe was still pretty crowded. Since we had reservations, we quickly were seated up by some gorillas and a waterfall.


Last time I was here, I got some shrimp skewers that had a sauce I believe to be the culprit as to why I wasn't feeling good afterwards so I stayed clear from that. This time around, I had another person who was allergic to gluten with me, my friend Grace. So I helped her with what we could eat throughout the trip and the Rainforest Cafe was yet another place where I didn't really know what else to get so I went to my back up and got a salad.


It was also another salad with spinach, goat cheese, pecans, strawberries, and a light vinaigrette. It was a very large salad and had a great balance between tang, cream, fresh, and crunch so it filled me up greatly and tasted delicious. It wasn't an amazing salad, but it was a good salad and it fed me for something around $10-$15 (I think).

Then we went shopping. The group I was with loved to shop, so the rest of the evening was spent in Build A Bear and World of Disney. I helped the girls name their animals (Darth Inga= a German rabbit that played the Stars Wars theme for Grace [I added the Darth part]; Hulasaur= a drag queen stegosaurus in a hula skirt for Ariel).








Build A Bear has dinosaurs!








In World Of Disney, I found some newly released mugs that were amazing. There were several of them with different classic characters drawn on them from Tinkerbell to Jiminy Cricket with quotes on. I got a Peter Pan one:


-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment