Thursday 9 August 2012

Downtown Disney: ESPN Zone

Just a few weekends ago, I found myself spending my entire weekend at Disneyland and Downtown Disney. I'm not going to get into details, just know that I was eating at a bunch of new places in that one weekend alone. The first place was ESPN Zone- you know the giant building across from the movie theatre with the sports players on it and their heads move? Yeah, that's the place.

The outside looks huge, and the inside is a maze of confusion that does not look as big as one initially thinks. When you walk in, there is a bar area to the left and stairs that lead up to the arcade area, then in the back is the dining area and that's where we were. There is a giant screen surround by smaller screens all playing a variety of different sports. For some reason when we sat down, the Olympics weren't on, even though we know that's NBC territory, but still. However, later on they did come on and that's what we watched. We had a party of 6 so we sat a booth and each booth had their own touch screen television so we could watch what we wanted.

The food was generic bar food: sandwiches, steak, burgers, and deep fried things.

I ended up getting the steak salad just because I wanted protein but a salad, so it was the perfect choice. The cost was $17 and it was a large salad so the price was reasonable, just the flavours weren’t. I ended up adding salt and pepper to everything from the salad to the steak as everything was very bland, but it didn't help very much.



Like many other dishes I’ve had while in Downtown Disney, regardless of the restaurant, the food was not terribly impressive. It’s only good quality was that it did fill me up.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment