Tuesday 20 March 2012

Main Street, U.S.A: Plaza, Inn.

My friend came down for Wondercon 2012 and before all the festivities began we spent an entire day in the parks. For breakfast I tried to make reservation at Ariel's Grotto but they were completely booked so we decided to go to the Plaza, Inn. They also typically ask for reservations, but luckily we got in with no problem.

The dining is buffet style so you pay a flat price of roughly $25 a person and the food is ready for you to enjoy as soon as you are shown to your table. Plaza, Inn. is character dining so before we even got our food, right as we sat down, characters came up to us immediately. The princesses are not in attendance, but there are plenty of other beloved Disney characters for you to get to enjoy.

























































The food itself could be described as very much similar to hotel complementary breakfast. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. You could get a freshly made omelet to your style but that would have been too filling for me. They also had a little area to get pastries and fruit.
This was my breakfast: fruit, scrambled eggs, and hash browns. I ate yogurt before I left for the park because I was starving when I woke up.

My friend got similar to me but she also got these gluten filled delicacies:


I believe they do have gluten free batter for the waffles and pancakes, but it would take additional time to prepare. I didn't bother because I really didn't want sweet things. I will probably look into that in the future, once spring break is finished with and there aren't so many people in the park.

The food was average but the characters coming over constantly makes the experience better- and here, really you are just paying for the characters. We got to hug Winnie the Pooh and that might have made my day because he was amazingly soft and adorable and made me fall in love with Winnie the Pooh all over again. It's a fun place to get breakfast as long as you would prefer character interaction over amazing food.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment