Thursday 23 February 2012

Downtown Disney: Rainforest Cafe

It was my first time at the Rainforest Cafe and I went there for dinner after work with my friend who had driven down. We sat outside because we were seated immediately and although it was a bit chilly, there were many heaters on outside.

It was nice to chat and catch up and whatnot, you know in person and not over Skype.

We also had a good time making fun of the names on the menu. Some of them are normal, but then some just make you chuckle to yourself. One such name was the Chicken Fried Chicken which my friend got. Here's a picture of it:






For all of those who can eat wheat because as you can see from this picture, it is very much NOT gluten free.







I had a hard time trying to figure out what was gluten free or not. I had a good idea about a few things but some I had no clue so I just steered away from all of those. I also really didn't want to get a salad so I got Maya's Shrimp Skewers.





It had various vegetables and shrimp grilled with some seasoning on top of rice and mango salsa. The only thing that is a problem is the sauce. There is a sort of cheese, white sauce on top that I don't think was gluten free because I was not feeling too great afterwards. It was the end of the evening so I was able to hang on, but right afterwards, or so, I began to feel the 'you ate gluten' feeling.

But despite that it was an okay dish overall. My friend asked me to rate it and I said 3.5 out of 5. It wasn't the best thing I ever ate but it was something different and was for the most part good. The cost was roughly $22.

The experience was pretty much how my friend described it, the atmosphere is great but the food is just okay.

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment